Daughters Of The Revolution Honored

Posted

In recognition of Constitution Week from September 17-23, Delegate Nic Kipke presented a citation to the Fort Severn chapter of Daughters of the Revolution. For more than a century, the members of the national Daughters of the American Revolution have dedicated themselves to historical preservation, promotion of education, and encouragement of patriotic endeavor.

The Fort Severn chapter has members from Severna Park, Pasadena and all over the region, and its first meeting in 1965 was held at the Wagon Wheels restaurant in Severna Park. The Fort Severn chapter is named after Fort Severn (1808-1909), which was located in Annapolis, currently where the fifth wing of Bancroft Hall at the Naval Academy now stands.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here